2004 Integrated Electricity Plan (IEP)
The 2004 IEP consists of several parts, which have been produced separately. A short description about and a link to each of the parts of the 2004 IEP is provided below.
A brief summary of the main points from each of the full-length reports.
- Summary - Revision 1 [PDF, 388 Kb]
Part 1: Introduction and Planning Objectives
An overview of the electricity planning process and the main factors that shape the outcomes, such as government policies and objectives.
- What are the Planning Objectives? [PDF, 10 Kb]
- Part 1 - Introduction and Planning Objectives - Revision 1 [PDF, 395 Kb]
Part 2: Demand-Supply Outlook
A review of current sources of electricity, projected demand (including programs to limit demand, such as Power Smart) and the balance between the two.
- What is the Demand-Supply Outlook? [PDF, 15 Kb]
- Part 2 - Demand-Supply Outlook - Revision 1 [PDF, 781 Kb]
- Appendix A - Load Forecast Tables - Revision 1 [PDF, 54 Kb]
Part 3: Resource Options
A review of the options available to meet projected electricity needs over the next 20 years, including power generated in B.C., imports and transmission system upgrades.
- What are Resource Options? [PDF, 16 Kb]
- Part 3 - Resource Options - Revision 1 [PDF, 887 Kb]
- Appendix A - Resource Option Table of Contents and Database Fields - Revision 1 [PDF, 195 Kb]
- Appendix B - Demand-Side Management - Revision 1 [PDF, 180 Kb]
- Appendix C - Alternative and Clean Energy - Small Hydro [PDF, 1.1 Mb]
- Appendix D - Alternative and Clean Energy - Other - Revision 1 [PDF, 1.7 Mb]
- Appendix E - Thermal - Revision 1 [PDF, 650 Kb]
- Appendix F - Large Hydro and Resource Smart - Revision 1 [PDF, 443 Kb]
- Appendix G - Transmission [PDF, 451 Kb]
- Appendix H - Conservation Potential Review Summary Report [PDF, 408 Kb]
Part 4: First Nations and Stakeholder Engagement
A report on steps taken by BC Hydro to provide information to and obtain input from First Nations and stakeholders.
- Part 4 - First Nations and Stakeholder Engagement - Revision 1 [PDF, 543 Kb]
- Appendix A - First Nations Engagement - Revision 1 [PDF, 370 Kb]
- Appendix B - IEP Focus Group Research [PDF, 350 Kb]
- Appendix C - Exploring Vancouver Island's Energy Future [PDF, 355 Kb]
- Appendix D - Mark Jaccard Presentation and Meeting Notes [PDF, 269 Kb]
- Appendix E - JIESC Presentation and Meeting Notes [PDF, 202 Kb]
- Appendix F - Website Pages [PDF, 2.3 Mb]
- Appendix G - IPP Information Sessions - Revision 1 [PDF, 453 Kb]
- Appendix H - 2004 IEP Regional Information Sessions - Revision 1 [PDF, 1.1 Mb]
- Appendix I - Individual Input [PDF, 1.5 Mb]
- Appendix J - Employee News Articles [PDF, 1.2 Mb]
Part 5: Portfolio Evaluation Process
A description of the process used to develop portfolio options that meet the future electricity requirements of BC Hydro's customers. This process is then used to evaluate the performance of these portfolios against the planning objectives of the IEP and to test them against a number of future uncertainties.
- What are Risks and Uncertainties? [PDF, 9 Kb]
- Part 5 - Portfolio Evaluation Process - Revision 1 [PDF, 374 Kb]
- Appendix A - Portfolio Transmission Modelling Process - Revision 1 [PDF, 47 Kb]
- Appendix B - Natural Gas Price Forecast Descriptions - Revision 1 [PDF, 32 Kb]
Part 6: Portfolio Evaluation Results
A description of the portfolios and results of the portfolio evaluation. In addition, portfolios are tested for a number of sensitivities and scenarios.
- What is Portfolio Evaluation? [PDF, 10 Kb]
- Part 6 - Portfolio Evaluation Results - Revision 1 [PDF, 844 Kb]
- Appendix A - Portfolio Resource Schedule [PDF, 1.3 Mb]
- Appendix B - Expected Resource Use [PDF, 1.4 Mb]
- Appendix C - Portfolio Attribute Results [PDF, 1.3 Mb]
Part 7: Action Plan
The Action Plan identifies specific actions that BC Hydro will take between April 2004 to March 2008 to realize the objectives of the 2004 IEP. The objectives are to provide reliable, least cost electricity supply in an environmentally responsible manner. BC Hydro uses the Action Plan in assigning work plans and priorities from year to year.
- Part 7 - Action Plan [PDF, 161 Kb]