Previous Page TOC Next Page

Tree Farm Licence 45



Regeneration

In the timber supply analysis, it is assumed that 80 percent of stands harvested will be planted with the species which dominated the site before harvest. The remaining 20 percent of stands is assumed to regenerate naturally, and additional planting or spacing will be used, where required, to meet managed stand objectives. District staff indicate that the assumptions used in the analysis are an acceptable representation of current practice.

Previous Page Page Top TOC Next Page